Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 is HERE!

Happy New Year!!
Our family at midnight on 1/1/12



I can hardly believe that 2011 has ended and the new year has begun!  Obviously, this blog took a backseat for the majority of 2011. To be honest, this last year was a challenging one. There were highs and lows and lots of in-betweens and I'm really pretty glad to see a new year begin - full of new beginnings and adventures.  Thanks for hanging in there with me while I wasn't very frequent around here.

I'll do a full catch up/re-cap 2011 post in the next couple days, but I thought I'd just update on what is going on in our lives right now.

Sarge made it home (FINALLY) from his 2nd deployment just before Christmas! By the time he got back home he had been gone for 9 months. Re-integration has been quite different this time around, but we are all adjusting and things are falling back into place.  We celebrated Monkey's 1st birthday just before Christmas as well. She actually turned one at the end of October, but we felt it was important to wait until Daddy was home to celebrate. Her party was amazing and it was so nice to be able to celebrate our baby girl together!

We had a fantastic Christmas together! We stayed home this year, which was a very nice change. We haven't been at home for Christmas since our first Christmas together 3 years ago. We took Christmas Day very leisurely and enjoyed Skyping with family and watching our girl experience the magic of Christmas as she opened all of her gifts.

Now, we are busy preparing for our first official PCS!  We are headed to northern California and the movers will be here in about 2 weeks - YIKES!  We aren't anywhere near ready, but we'll get there!  More on that soon -- I am hoping to Vlog our PCS as we go along. We are taking leave en route so we won't actually arrive at our new base until the end of February. It should be quite the adventure!

That pretty much catches up the last couple of months!  I hope to post a lot more this year than I did last year, though in an effort to reduce stress during a stressful time I am not going to promise how often, and will instead just promise to do much better than last year!

I hope the beginning of 2012 has been good to you!  Happy New Year!
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Raising Monkey Loving Sarge on Facebook!