Monday, March 7, 2011

Precious Child

Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love
- Angels Among Us, Alabama

The last several days have been incredibly difficult ones and I just haven't been able to find words to describe how I feel about all that is happening.  I'm really not sure I have them still, but I find myself needing to try.

I posted this blog on Friday afternoon after receiving some difficult news. Several hours later, I learned that a very dear friend was experiencing a tragic loss that has absolutely shocked me and burdened my heart beyond what I knew possible.

As I posted yesterday, my friend Kari went to check on her 4 month old son Mason and found him cold, blue and unresponsive. Everything possible was done but sweet Mason went to be with Jesus on March 5, 2011.  He leaves behind his loving mom and dad as well as two big sisters, grandparents, god parents and countless other friends and relatives.

While the last few days have been devastating it has been amazing to see the outpouring of love and support for this family in their time of grief. There are so many people, from all over the world, loving on, praying for, and supporting this family. 

Kari is an amazing mother and friend. While I have never met Kari in person she has been a friend of mine for many years. We met while blogging together on Xanga and our friendship carried over to Facebook. When I developed HG during my pregnancy, she was so kind to share her knowledge and insight with me. She constantly checked on me to see how I was holding up. Later, she helped educate me on all things cloth diapers. If I ever had a breastfeeding question, well she was always there for that too.  No matter what it is, Kari has been there with a listening ear and a compassionate shoulder to lean upon. It is not just my life that Kari has made a difference in, she has helped countless others from all walks of life.

Her son, Mason, was born early - just 5 days before my "Monkey" was also born prematurely. As I kiss my sweet baby's head and hold her closer to me than ever before, I am reminded that Kari's arms are missing her precious baby boy tonight.  I don't understand why this has happened. No one ever deserves to experience such a tragic loss, but especially someone as loving as Kari.

"Be still and know that I'm your God. 
Be still and know I'm in control. 
Of all the things that put you down, 
I put them there to show you that I am stronger than your struggles.
 I'm always going to be with you through it all."
- Author Unknown, paraphrase Psalm 46:10

If you can find it in your heart, I would urge you to help support this wonderful family.  You can do so in one or a few of the following ways...

1.) Give.  The burden of burying a loved one is a great one.  Even $1 would go a long way to help ease this family's financial burdens in their time of loss.

2.) Remember. Mason's funeral will take place on Thursday, March 10, 2011.  Those of us who are unable to be with the family on this day have planned to honor Mason in whatever way we can. His oldest sister, Ella (5 years old) is particularly excited about the idea of everyone sending a baby blue balloon to heaven on Thursday.  Other suggestions include: lighting a candle in Mason's honor, making a sign of support for the family, blowing bubbles to heaven for Mason.  If you choose to do any of these, please consider taking a photo and sending it to raisingmonkeyblog@gmail.com to be included in a slideshow that will be given to the family. You can also join the facebook group for this event - Send a balloon to Heaven for Mason

3.) Cheer. Mason's big sisters are also grieving for their little brother. Ella is 5 years old and Lucy is just 1 year old. It is hard for a child to comprehend something that adults can't even begin to explain the reasons for. While it won't take away the pain they are feeling, the family would appreciate care packages to cheer up and distract the girls. They enjoy stickers, jewelry, and arts and crafts activities. If you would be willing to send a care package to the girls, please contact me at raisingmonkeyblog@gmail.com and I will provide details on how you can do so.

4.) Pray. Lastly, if you can do nothing else please keep this family in your prayers. They will need support not just in the difficult days ahead... but also in the weeks and months that follow these days. Time will go on, but Mason's memory will never be forgotten and neither will the impact that he has made on so many lives, especially those closest to him. Let the family know you are praying for them by joining the facebook group offering support - In Support Of Kari Bundy and Family

Kari,
Your precious angel has touched so many lives... many of whom you've never met.  We will continue to hold you and your family in our prayers as we hold Mason in our hearts. His time here, though way too brief, has touched so many. Please know, as you have always been there for me, I too am here for you whenever you may need someone. I only wish I could do so much more to ease your great pain. You and your sweet family are so very loved.  Rest peacefully in the arms of Jesus, sweet Mason.


In my dreams, you are alive and well
Precious child, precious child
In my mind, I see you clear as a bell
Precious child, precious child
In my soul, there is a hole
That can never be filled
But in my heart, there is hope
'Cause you are with me still


In my heart, you live on
Always there never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever... in my heart



Precious Child - Karen Taylor Good





Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Raising Monkey Loving Sarge on Facebook!