Friday, May 6, 2011

black socks


Monkey and I are back home and finally starting to settle back in. True to what I said previously, I did not expect much of myself when I got home. I was more social than planned and really enjoyed getting together with a few friends. I gave myself a break as far as housework was concerned and just focused on being back home and getting Monkey into a routine that works for the two of us. 

Yesterday, started out a bit rocky. Sarge was wonderful and took the time to call me before heading to bed, but I was stressed and didn't get the response from him that I wanted or needed and was quickly frustrated. We talked through it, but as we said our "see you soon's" I was still burdened with being here alone and having to make all the decisions mostly by myself.

I decided it was time to tackle cleaning up a little and since I've been sleeping on my husband's side of the bed, I started with moving his nightstand, the dog kennel and his lamp to really clean up under and behind them. Boy, was that needed! I then began straightening the area toward the end of the bed and lifted up the comforter that usually spends most of its time on the floor after we kick it off because we are too hot. 

There they were. Still in their packaging, a brand new pair of my favorite black socks!

Ok, I know you're sitting there going "big deal, it's a pair of socks!" but seriously? When was the last time you put on a brand spanking new pair of socks? Do you remember how it feels? They are so soft and full of cushion and I just love the way they feel on my feet when they are brand new! I'm not totally crazy, did you know that Robin Williams only wears every pair of his socks once and then donates them to charity? He does!

I love brand new socks! Not long ago, my husband came home from the store with that very package of brand new socks. He was trying to cheer me up and his mission was successful!  Not only did I love the thought when he first gave them to me, but in that moment when I found those socks hiding under the comforter it felt like my husband was right back home with me, where he belongs. My heart smiled and it was as if he was giving me a sign that everything is going to be ok, even if they are stressful and hard right now.

He doesn't always have the words, and that frustrates me. He has always been there for me no matter what in his own little ways though. Last night, it was those socks that reminded me of his love and that I'm not alone, even when he is so far away. I am absolutely the luckiest!

There is only one fitting way to end this entry..
Black socks they never get dirty, the longer you wear them the stronger they get!
Sometimes I think I should wash them but something inside me keeps saying not yet!
Not yet! Not yet! Not yet!


Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Raising Monkey Loving Sarge on Facebook!