Monday, May 3, 2010

Top 10 Great Things About Being A Military Spouse

I'm participating in the Wives of Faith Blog Carnival this week.  Wives of Faith is a great website that connects military spouses from all over, providing encouragement and support.  Check them out at www.wivesoffaith.org.





10.  Healthcare Benefits - I know Tricare is hard to deal with sometimes, but it definitely beats not having medical coverage at all.  I was there for so long, and I am very thankful that I now have Tricare.


9.  Job Security - What a peace it is to know that in a time where so many are worried about losing their jobs, my husband can go to work every single day knowing that he will definitely have a job and a paycheck will always be coming.


8.  Military Community Support - For the most part, I have found that wherever the military sends us there are people who understand what the military life is all about.  There is a great community of support at every base and it's so comforting to know that we're not going through all this alone!!


7.  Pride - I am so proud of my husband and all the men and women - in uniform and waiting at home - who sacrifice so much every single day for this country.


6.  Friends all over - Thanks to military I am learning to make friends more quickly, and keep the friendships going across the miles.  I am so fortunate in this area!  It's an amazing feeling to know that I have friends all over praying for my family.


5.  Perspective - The military has changed how I view so many aspects of life.  I am thankful for the new vision that I have found because of being a military spouse!


4.  Faith - The military life has strengthened my faith in Christ in numerous ways.  I pray that I continue to grow in this area and that God continues to lead in our life through the military.


3.  Travel - The military has provided my husband and I with so many opportunities to travel and explore.  I cannot wait to see where else we get to go together!  


2.  Strength, Courage, Hope, Growth - The military life has taught me to have all of these things in a completely new way than I ever had them before.   I am growing in so many different areas of my life and I have this military life to thank for that.


1.  More than one "first kiss" ie: Homecoming!! - We have not had ours yet, but I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to my next first kiss from my husband.  It's been almost 2 months since I have seen him, touched him, and kissed him and it will be many more months before our next first kiss.  I really think that military spouses appreciate those special moments more than anyone else ever could!
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Raising Monkey Loving Sarge on Facebook!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Great list! I agree with #1 =)

thanks for sharing !

Becky said...

Great list! I agreed with so many of them! You can check me out over at my blog, and congrats on your "predeployment surprise"!

Post a Comment