Sunday, May 2, 2010

My MilSpouse Bible Verse

I'm participating in the Wives of Faith Blog Carnival this week.  Wives of Faith is a great website that connects military spouses from all over, providing encouragement and support.  Check them out at www.wivesoffaith.org.







For me, the only way I am able to deal with the rollercoaster ups and downs of military life is to turn to God and to really seek His face in my life.  There is no way I would ever want to live life without knowing His presence.

Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." If you read further it says, "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

The message that speaks to my heart through this verse is that God will provide comfort and peace no matter what you are going through.  God doesn't promise that our life is going to be easy and that no hurt will come our way.  He just promises to be right there with you as you go through life.  He will bring you peace and comfort and strength if you let him.  It is up to you to seek Him, but He will never let you down.



Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Raising Monkey Loving Sarge on Facebook!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Great verse!
such comfort!

thank you for sharing!

Kathryn said...

Great verse, thanks for sharing! :)

Post a Comment